Learn Blind Wine Tasting in 30 Minutes!
Learn the Sommify Tasting Method from the creators of Sommify themselves! We'll explain our tasting grid and how to use it to uncover what you love about wine.
You’ll also learn:
- Identifying wine types by sight
- Acidity and how that affects taste
- Fruit Profiles
- How to Tell Old World (European) wines apart from New World wines
- And, we’ll email you our Grape Emoji Guide!
You will receive an email with the meeting Zoom Link for Wednesday, September 15th at 7pm EST.
Pro Tip: Bring a wine from our Playable Wine List (and bonus points if you can get a wine shop to provide one 'blind,' aka brown-bagged and hidden from you).
How it Works
• The “Somm” is the judge of the round and pours their mystery wine for all
• Players pre-call the grape and country of the wine using their Sommify Wine Key
• Players unlock Cellar Doors with wine calls to advance their pawn to the final zone and declare the grape and country
• The “Somm” reveals the wine and scores the round
Do I need to know anything about wine beforehand?
Absolutely not! A love for wine and desire to learn helps. The Sommify Tasting Method is the simplest form of blind-tasting around and can be taught in 2 minutes, using the Sommify Wine Key. You'd be amazed at how many amateurs win the night.
Hosting a Sommify Game
... is easy as heck!
Your party guests will either bring a concealed wine from our Playable List and take turns being The Somm, or one player plays Permanent Somm and provides all mystery wines for the game.
Sommify works great on coffee tables, patios, picnic blankets, wine bars, and more!
Places to Play Sommify
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My only complaint about Sommify is my mom won the last two games we played and now thinks she’s a master sommelier. My family loves this game. We play it every time we get together now!” Rupert V.